First, let me wish you a very Happy Halloween! It's crazy, it's fun, and it's the cherry on top of a busy month. It's interesting to think about the shift that takes place between October 31 and November 1. It's a complete 180!
November feels like a deep cleansing breath between the chaos and craziness of October and the go go go of December. It's a time to reflect. A time to plan and a time to refocus on what's important. Many people use it as a time to list what they are grateful for. You start seeing gratitude post challenges on Instagram, and thankful tree activities on Pinterest.
It's a well-documented fact that gratitude has proven health benefits; both mentally and physically. There's an article by Amy Morin that she wrote for Forbes back in 2014. She sites the "7 Scientifically Proven Benefits Of Gratitude That Will Motivate You To Give Thanks Year Round." We could all benefit from these!
1. Gratitude opens the door to more relationships.
2. Gratitude improves physical health.
3. Gratitude improves psychological health.
4. Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression.
5. Grateful people sleep better.
6. Gratitude improves self-esteem.
7. Gratitude increases mental strength.
While you're choosing the things you're grateful for, might I suggest taking a proactive approach to your holidays. Start with what you have, what you're grateful for, and then purposefully add things that speak to you.
What are some traditions you've wanted to start? Maybe some you want to stop?
Are there relationships you want to mend or strengthen?
1. Schedule a time to reflect on holidays past. What worked? What didn't? What's missing? Decide and make a plan to be more purposeful in your relationships and holiday traditions.
2. Post at least one holiday tradition in the comments. Your tried and true family pastime may be just the thing someone else needs to see.
Head on over to our Facebook Group and tell us your favorite family traditions! You may find some great ideas from our other members or be the inspiration that someone else needs!
COMING UP NEXT WE
Wrapping Paper and Broken Ornament Stash!!